5.08.2009

The Verdict: X-Men Origins: Wolverine


So last week I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine with some of my friends. I was actually really excited for this movie because I'm a big X-Men fan and grew up watching the cartoons and enjoyed the previous three motion picture films. First of all, if you take anything from this movie it is definitely an action film, explosions, violence, special effects, fight scenes, you name it's there. The story was interesting, seeing how Wolverine became Wolverine but it did kind of lose steam towards the end, falling to all the action in the film. If you're a die hard fan of the X-Men and Wolverine in particular there is a lot you won't like about this movie. The storyline is very inaccurate and you see that from the very beginning but in the movie's defense it is their adaptation and previous X-Men film fell away from the original storyline as well. Overall the film was a good action movie with a decent story but I didn't think it matched the hype it put out. Don't get me wrong the numbers don't lie, $83 million in one weekend, but don't go thinking you're going to see one of the best movies of the summer. I give this one 3 out of 5 *'s. <('.'<)

No comments:

Post a Comment