7.18.2008

Verdict: Batman...Incredible!


I saw the Dark Knight this morning at 12:00 AM and four hours later I am still amped up over this movie. By far this is the best movie of the summer, no other movie can hold a candle to it. With record sales in presale and online tickets, the Dark Knight obviously made an impression way before it even hit the big screen. In the movie Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) aka Batman returns to the streets of Gotham where things have cleaned up since his first outing. Unfortunately for him and the city, the Joker (Heath Ledger) is looking to stir things up quite a bit. There are no words to describe what a great job Heath Ledger did playing the Joker. From the very moment the Joker enters the movie, you can't get enough of him, he is just an engrossing character. Laughter, body language, even his since of style is something to take note of, I had fanboys and girls at my premiere dressed in full costumes with clown make up and all. What surprised me about this movie was how dark it was, no pun intended. This movie really takes you on a roller coaster ride, I found myself jumping out of my seat, scared for helpless victims, and caught in supense more times than I care to remember...it's awesome. The action and special effects are superb, nothing less that what you would expect from a movie of this nature. Explosions, flying, glass breaking, expensive sports cars, hot models, you name it, everything is there for a great movie experience. While watching the movie there was a sense of excitement and sadness, well at least for me when it came to Ledgers role in the movie. I was so entranced with the Joker and I didn't want him to stop but yet in the back of my head I knew that one way or another, this could not last forever. When the next Batman movie comes out, which seems obvious with the immediate success of this one, no one better dare try to take the role of Joker, as far as I'm concerned there is no one who can do it better than Ledger. Without a doubt, this is not only a movie for the summer but a piece of work that should be seen by all those who love movies and want to be entertained. Among many duds, the Dark Knight is a true gem, which reminds us what a great movie actually looks like. (5/5 *s) (._.)

P.S. I made my own shirt for the premiere!

No comments:

Post a Comment